Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wreath It To Me!

Ok, a totally tacky blog post title, but OH. MY. GOODNESS! There are some darling wreaths happening out there in Blogland. I bought most of the materials to make a standard grapevine & silk flower wreath for fall, but when researching for ideas I found so many wonderful ideas. Whimsical ideas for birthdays like this wreath I found on HowDoesShe? Here is the link to a tutorial. I can't wait to get started!


Or these beautiful yarn wrapped wreaths with felt flowers. I <3 these wreaths so much that my tummy squeezes whenever I see one. They take me back to some time as a girl with my grandmother. Maybe it isn't even a real time, but a moment I would have so loved to have had with her. This particular wreath was found Here


Then I saw this wreath and it was so cozy and fun! I want to try it little sock rosettes or something. I love how it screams to be touched. You can find it at Betz White's site Here. I just found her site this morning. I'm sure I'm the last person on earth. So you know she has BEAUTIFUL, crafty books too! Smart and crafty girls. When I grow up I want to be one!




The last wreath I will post is made out of recycled plastic bags. And because I still haven't made myself remember to always bring our reusable bags (and I use the plastic ones to scoop icky litter boxes) I have plenty around the house. You can find this amazing creation at Two Peas in a Bucket. Another place I am sure you have been to!




Oh! I am so excited to try at least one, if not four or five...

I have to post just one more. This one I hope to make today with my 2 year old son. One of his favorite things to collect are rocks. And his second favorite are sticks. So of course this beauty is a must since he can help so much!


Isn't it so pretty and rustic? It has a wonderful sunburst/snowflake/shiny star quality. I'm even thinking of painting a couple to hang out on our old shed. Please visit The Painted Hive for a great tutorial.

I hope you are finding inspirations, if not here, somewhere!

Happy Fall!! It's official now!

No comments:

Post a Comment