Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Maiden Post

It's a big deal putting that first post on a fresh new blog. My middle of the night inspirations and great ideas germinating in the shower have taken their leave and this is a bit intimidating!
This is my third blog. My first blog started as a means to chart my first pregnancy and keep in touch with friends and family along the way.  I moved 3,000 miles away from everyone I knew about 3 years ago and since multi media has been a tremendous resource. The second blog was to chart my second pregnancy but that ended at nine and half weeks about seven and a half weeks ago and I haven't had the heart to pick up that blog. Though I tried to, it had an energy around it while beautiful in some manner but also harboring a darkness that I need to walk through and not stay in. So here I am at blog number three!
Gingerbread Goddess will be my journey into the very thing I love most  my family.  I am married to a wonderful man and we have a beautiful son. My priorities at this moment are raising & educating my son and fostering a strong and enduring family. Like many other bloggers my focus will be to navigate our journey while trying to evolve into a more sustainable and gentle people on our home called Earth.
I'm in a bit of a panic these days. I've become nearly fixated on my son's education. I was a teacher for 16 years. You would think I'd have a handle on it. But I don't! I'm not sure at all how I feel about the public school system and I have found a great love of Waldorf & a bit of Montessori. If I had the funds I would start my own school, but currently I don't. Although I am considering home schooling more and more each day.
Gingerbread Goddess will begin with tales of my assent into different pedagogies as well as my mini adventures in furthering my personal education as well. No, I am not going back to school in any mainstream sense, but I am going to start learning new things to hopefully live better and feel better. I'll be lugging my gorgeous 60lbs sewing machine to a sewing class next Tuesday! My husband brought it home for me about 3 years ago when all I wanted to do was make cloth diapers. Ahh... I digress. (I do that A LOT!) I can't wait for that class to begin! In the meantime I'll be working on holiday crafts and trying out new recipes. I can't cook at all. I'm pretty much a former single/workaholic/overachieving/teacher/animal rescuer/recluse. I survived on Starbucks and cereal and the occasional In-N-Out. Fast forward 3 years and I am in a house (not a classroom), living with TWO boys (What?!), I'm far away from my Mom, my sister and my bestest friends. It's been a rocky ride but the best adventure I have EVER been on!
If anyone besides me is actually reading this, thank you so much for for taking the time to stop by! I hope we get to know each other and swap lots of great ideas and good laughs! Here we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment