Monday, September 13, 2010

Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut. . .

This is one of those days when I forgot to get dressed! We were up bright and early had a full breakfast and I sat down to read blogs. Tickety! Tickety! Tock! And away went the clock! Next thing I know the UPS driver is pulling up in my driveway, and I am slamming the light switches down, clicking off Wallace and Grommit and running for cover! What a nut!!
Speaking of nuts, I was reading about coconut milk in coffee on one of my most favorite blogs, and so I tried it. I used just the straight coconut milk in my coffee. It made the coffee taste a tad bitter, but in kind of a good way. I added a splash of soy milk and that evened it out. I bet a sweetener would make it taste decadent, but I'm trying to avoid sweeteners a bit. It's really growing on my with every sip. I do love the coconut flavor and in this case, I think you have to. Mmmm! Just had another sip.

So why was the UPS man here? Well, I was thinking of making laundry soap! Still just thinking, because the box smelled so yummy, I wanted to take a bar out and dash up to the bath! I ordered peppermint soap and it smells so crisp and perfect for these cool fall days. It would be fabulous for laundry.


While searching for a recipe I found Dr. Bronner's soaps highly recommended on several sites. Going by the packaging alone, I am excited! I can't wait to try them and to give them. I ordered the Baby Mild Salve and Baby Mild Liquid for my baby boy. It's getting on the colder weather here and he gets a bit of that dry skin on his cheeks.

I got the tea tree oil soap to try on my face. And I bought a salve for my husband for the dry weather. I can't wait to try it all!

Happiness to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment